access to container proxmox from dyndns domain from internet

aboooodaj

Mar 27, 2023
Hi,
I have a problem trying to access the container through an external connection using a domain name (by dyndns)
I usually do this by opening a port on my router, for example 100, and connect like this
mydoman.com:100
And proxmox has another port number which is 8006 use like this
mydoman.com:8006
How do I access the container this way

Screenshot 2023-03-27 112453.png
This is a picture of the network setup
1679909786315.png
This is a picture of the router setup
I'm new to this, please help

Last edited:
From a security standpoint it would be better not port-forward your PVE webUI but use a VPN tunnel instead, if you want to manage your PVE host while not at home.

You enabled the PVE firewall for the LXC. Did you add a firewall rule to allow port 100 for incoming connections? By default all incoming connections will be dropped.

Reactions: generalproxuser
From a security standpoint it would be better not port-forward your PVE webUI but use a VPN tunnel instead, if you want to manage your PVE host while not at home.

You enabled the PVE firewall for the LXC. Did you add a firewall rule to allow port 100 for incoming connections? By default all incoming connections will be dropped.
Thanks how can i add a firewall rule to allow port 100 for incoming connections

And you are sure your port-fordward is really working? "0 aktiv" in your routers webUI sounds like it isn't used yet.

Looks like a Fritzbox. What service are you trying to run on on port 100? You have chosen "HTTP-Server" which is a preset for web servers. If you are running something else, like a game server, you might need to select "Andere Anwendung" and then select the correct protocol (TCP/UDP/ESP/GRE).
A service running UDP for example shouldn't work with "HTTP Server" selected which should use TCP as protocol.

Looks like a Fritzbox. What service are you trying to run on on port 100? You have chosen "HTTP-Server" which is a preset for web servers. If you are running something else, like a game server, you might need to select "Andere Anwendung" and then select the correct protocol (TCP/UDP/ESP/GRE).
A service running UDP for example shouldn't work with "HTTP Server" selected which should use TCP as protocol.
Yes it's Fritzbox
and try to run Nextcloud on snap
and i run on Ubuntu server 22.04
1679923537853.png
And this is the result

And you are sure your ubuntu server doesn't got it's firewall enabled? You can check it with sudo ufw status.
If it is enabled you would need to allow port 100 like this: sudo ufw allow 100/tcp.

Can you access your Nextcloud from LAN by using http://192.168.1.20:100?
Did you edit your Nextclouds config.php to allow your DynDNS Domain in its "'trusted_domains'" in addition to the local IP? Otherwise requests might get port-forwarded to your LXC but nextcloud is dropping them because they didn't come from a trusted domain.

Last edited:
And you are sure your ubuntu server doesn't got it's firewall enabled? You can check it with sudo ufw status.
If it is enabled you would need to allow port 100 like this: sudo ufw allow 100/tcp.

Can you access your Nextcloud from LAN by using http://192.168.1.20:100?
Did you edit your Nextclouds config.php to allow your DynDNS Domain in its "'trusted_domains'" in addition to the local IP? Otherwise requests might get port-forwarded to your LXC but nextcloud is dropping them because they didn't come from a trusted domain.
Yes, the firewall is enabled and the port is working fine http://192.168.1.20:100

The problem was solved after changing the browser
More than 6 hours and finally the browser problem o_O

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!