Access LXC data from PVE

themusicwizard

Jul 29, 2023
Background:
I've gotten myself into a bit of a situation. Admittedly, I'm an amateur at Proxmox and Linux for that matter, and still learning the basics. Please me kind in responses.

I have a single node with docker running in a proxmox LXC. I have several containers inside docker, most with bind-mounts to my ZFS pool for their storage. I must have made an error with my storage somewhere, because my LVM-thin, which holds the LXC, ended up with 100% storage filled. I still don't know what caused the storage to fill up, but at this point I would just like to retrieve some data from the LXC and start over.
I've tried moving the container storage, and backing up the LXC to other storage, but everything fails with a mount error exit code 32.

Question:
Is there a way to access the data that is stored in Local-LVM, and manually back up select files and directories to another storage device?

any assistance is appreciated. If I need to provide any specific info, please let me know.

If you want to copy files from a container to the host, you can use the following command on the host:
pct pull <vmid> <path> <destination>

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!