A wikipage made my day suck

Joakim_1995

Jul 22, 2017
This post should originally be me asking for help of how to get out out the fucked up mess this wiki page got me into: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Renaming_a_PVE_node

Yes, I wanted to rename a node...

Fortunately I managed to do it after a while with troubleshooting.

So here is the case. Why did the wiki page make it seem like a no problemo operation? Who is responsible for this mess? And how can flaws in documentation be corrected? Can I contribute with my experience?

What exactly went wrong and how did you fix it?

And how can flaws in documentation be corrected?

First of all, the Wiki is NOT the official documentation and it can hold old information, even it was written by staff members. Second, it is a wiki, so everyone can contribute - which includes you. Register and update the page with the correct way. Your experience can go here in the forums.

Normal way of including stuff into a company made documentation is a need for it, e.g. in a forum, then others or even members of the staff give answers. Some people are writing it up in/on the wiki and sometimes if it is a well defined need or requested frequently, it is included in the official documentation.

Register and update the page with the correct way.
This is on request only, if you want to edit the wiki, ask a stuff member in the forum or IRC.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!