400 Parameter verification failed

Skullet

Feb 16, 2024
Hi,
I am trying to add a new cifs storage to a subdir inside an existing share. I'd like to use it for backups and maybe ISOs

The share looks like this \\server.domain.local\backup\proxmoxbackup

As the UI has no option for a subdir, I tried the following command:

pvesm add cifs ProxmoxBackup --server server.domain.local --share backup --username backupuser --password secretpassword --domain domain --subdir proxmoxbackup

...but I keep getting the following error:

400 Parameter verification failed.
subdir: invalid format - value does not look like a valid absolute path

Can anybody tell me what's the right syntax for mounting to a subdir ?

Hi,
what value did you use for the parameter? Make sure to use Unix-style forward slash, i.e. / in the path.

what value did you use for the parameter? Make sure to use Unix-style forward slash, i.e. / in the path.
--subdir proxmoxbackup
I think the answer is here ^ , its just not well formatted.

@Skullet the error is telling you what the issue is:
subdir: invalid format - value does not look like a valid absolute path
so you need /proxmoxbackup as @fiona mentioned

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Reactions: fiona

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!