4 nodes

mer0x39

Mar 19, 2024
Hello, please suggest me which will be the best method to add 4th node in my proxmox homelab cluster ? It will be online only few days/week, It doesnt matter for me to be HA or any else, I only want to see in the same GUI, the rest of 3 servers are 24/7, but for any reason if one of them goes down and also the 4th node is down, I want the VMs to still work, it s possible without qdevice? If yes, how should corosync.conf look like? Thank you

Last edited:
You could give the three 24*7-Nodes quorum_votes: 2 and leave the fourth one at the default value of "1".

Now you have 7 votes when all machines are up. If your fourth one is turned off and another one fails you are down to 7-1-2=4 which is above 50%.

Reactions: mer0x39
You could give the three 24*7-Nodes quorum_votes: 2 and leave the fourth one at the default value of "1".

Now you have 7 votes when all machines are up. If your fourth one is turned off and another one fails you are down to 7-1-2=4 which is above 50%.
Make sense, thank you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!