2.1 Wont boot

anves

Jul 30, 2010
I installed a clean copy of 2.0 and 2.1 and they wont boot - They install all the way, but when rebooting, just a blank screen. Its a Rackable System with 3ware raid card and 4 drives, using raid 5

I can re install 1.7 and it works fine, reboots and runs without a problem, but if I put 2.0 or higher on it will not reboot

Any ideas

I installed a clean copy of 2.0 and 2.1 and they wont boot - They install all the way, but when rebooting, just a blank screen. Its a Rackable System with 3ware raid card and 4 drives, using raid 5

I can re install 1.7 and it works fine, reboots and runs without a problem, but if I put 2.0 or higher on it will not reboot

Any ideas
Hi,
perhaps drive-ordering mismatch (grub ...).
Do you have more than one disk? (or raid-controller volumes, usb-sticks...)

Udo

I am using LSI 3Ware 9690SA-8I 8 Port SAS SATA 3Gb/s PCIe RAID.
I's there any problems reported on these cards

I installed a clean copy of 2.0 and 2.1 and they wont boot - They install all the way, but when rebooting, just a blank screen.

Does it respond to pings?

can you connect using putty?

one of my test servers didnt have the GFX drivers until i had run an update using putty and rebooted.

I can now ssh into the server, but the GUI will not load to setup the VM's

are you accessing the server via a web browser?

have you tried running aptitude update and aptitude full-upgrade?

No, it will not connect to the server using a browser

what happens when you type in the IP address you assigned it at setup, into IE, Firefox or Chrome?

What is aptitude update and how do I do it

aptitude is the package manager for Linux - it manages all the updates and allows you to install them...

using the CLI or console on the server simply type - aptitude update and then aptitude full-upgrade once the update procedure has finished and then restart your server.

How can I restart the GUI from the command line

there is no GUI on the server - the only GUI is through a web browser

what happens when you type in the IP address you assigned it at setup, into IE, Firefox or Chrome?

Nothing, just a can not connect

The GUI I am talking about is the connection screen when using a browser - the ip address is 69.95.142.18

I solved the problem, the array has to be removed and re created new then the install completed and rebooted properly.

Thanks for every ones comments and help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!