10Gb NIC doesn't work

xifi

Feb 7, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am having troubles getting my 10Gb NIC working. It shows up in Proxmox but the link is down.

lspci -vvv | grep Broadcom shows me this :

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)

02:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)

02:00.2 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)

02:00.3 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

04:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

And my /etc/network/interfaces shows this :

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto eno1

iface eno1 inet manual

auto eno2

iface eno2 inet manual

auto eno3

iface eno3 inet manual

auto eno4

iface eno4 inet manual

auto eno49

iface eno49 inet manual

auto eno50

iface eno50 inet manual

auto vmbr0

iface vmbr0 inet static

address 192.168.4.148/24

gateway 192.168.4.1

bridge-ports eno1 eno2 eno3 eno4 eno49 eno50

bridge-stp off

bridge-fd 0

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

Can someone help me get this to work ?

Have a look at the syslog/journald if you find errors when initializing the 10Gbit NICs.

Btw...are you sure bridging all 6 NICs is the right thing to do? This is usually a total waste of money/hardware. This isn't causing any loops or similar?

I couldn't find any errors in the logs. I have also changed the interfaces file to only bridge eno49

The ports are showing correctly in ethtool.

I can't get the port to link with my router.

And the router supports 10Gbit or at least a bandwidth the NIC is supporting when autonegotiating?

Yes, it's a UDM SE. I am using the SFP+ port on it. I tried the SFP module with another device and it works

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!