1.8 backups not working and cannot acces it

chencho

Nov 25, 2010
Hi all.

I have two servers, one with 1.8 and other with 1.9

At 2 am both make the local backup.

At 5 am 1.8 send local backups to 1.9, and 1.9 send local backups to 1.8

Well, 1.9 has gone. i try to restore backups into 1.8 but they are incompletes and cannot restored.

It's not the most important, however...

I see local backups into 1.8 and in the log files have this in each line:

May 09 03:26:03 INFO: tar: ruta_de_fichero Warning: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

And i cannot restore it (any of them)

Now, i cannot open proxmox over web, i have an error:

Code:
[10239]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Could not open dbm file  /var/lib/libapache-sessionx-perl/DB_File/sessions.db: Read-only file  system at /usr/share/perl5/Apache/Session/Store/DB_File.pm line 32.

I try to make a backup over terminal, doing

Code:
vzdump --snapshot --compress 101

And i have

Code:
ERROR: can't open lock on file '/var/run/vzdump.lock' - Read-only file system

I reinstall 1.9 and it 2.1 server, i want to make a backup from 1.8 and restore they into 2.1, then update 1.8 to 2.1 and have two 2.1 with local and remote backups.

Any tip to, first make a correct backup from 1.8 and restore into 2.1, and second to check all my backups every days?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!