proxmox

1. A

Soft lockup - CPU#X stuck for Xs! [kworker/?:?:?]

Hey Leute, ich brauche dringend Hilfe bei einem Proxmox Server, von mir bin ich relativ neu und konnte das Problem bis jetzt noch nicht alleine lösen … Also es ist so, dass mein Server random aufhängt, meist innerhalb 24h, kann aber auch mal 5 Tage dauern, was einen "Soft Lockup" gut...
  2. L

ZFS pool not usable for VMs

Hello Proxmox community, I have a problem regarding the creation of a new ZPool. I have 6 SSDs of varying size that I want to form into a RaidZ2. The GUI is no good since you need the -f to "confirm" the wasted additional space. (I also tried with same size partitions, but proxmox only shows...
  3. W

Ubuntu 24.04 - unsupported Ubuntu version '24.04'

Hello Even tho Ubuntu 24.04 is in the proxmox repo we still get unsupported Ubuntu version '24.04' from what i can gather its not supported yet. (even tho its in the repo.) what we can do is add 24.04 as a known verson in this file /usr/share/perl5/PVE/LXC/Setup/Ubuntu.pm i will try and...
  4. E

Considering Self-Hosting Email with Proxmox Mail Gateway: Advice Needed

I've been contemplating a move back to self-hosting my email services, and I'm considering a setup where I host the mailbox and mail services at home, complemented by a Proxmox mail gateway in the cloud. The idea is to configure the at-home mail server to relay both incoming and outgoing emails...
  5. T

PBS Limit or Exclude VM Volume

Is there a way to limit or exclude partitions/volumes/folders/files while backing up a VM? If so, please elaborate.
  6. G

Receive notification by sms in addition to email

Hello, are there any of you who can configure notifications to be sent by sms? I'm looking but haven't found anything. If someone can help me please
  7. O

[SOLVED] Hi, i know proxmoxer is not developed by the proxmox team but

Is it possible to post from within a flask application for example how do i start a container on button press.? i guess what i am asking is how this is done with proxmoxer api i can't find an example.
  8. Z

[TUTORIAL] Automatically Enable/Disable Datastores to a secondary Proxmox Host depending on host availability

Hey All, I just wanted to chime in on this in case anyone else is in a similar situation. I have a Primary Proxmox host that runs all my VMs and network storage, and a Secondary Proxmox Backup host that I only turn on every so often to backup my Primary host over to, but otherwise keep it off...
  9. A

proxy https

Hello, I have a server under proximox. everything works correctly, I can connect locally. But I implemented Nginx Proxy Manager on docker. But when I connect with my domain and using https (with Nginx Proxy Manager) I can connect to proxmox all preconfigured, but I cannot display the vm...
  10. Z

iKOOLCORE R2 and its Realtek RTL8156BG-based 2.5G NIC

Hi everyone, I have a iKOOLCORE R2 that I want to use as a homeserver that hosts various network and other applications. Since it has 4 NICs (3 x Intel i226-v 2.5G network cards (via PCIe) and 1 x Realtek RTL8156BG-based 2.5G network card (via USB 3.0)). I wanted to use 2 of the Intel NICs for...
  11. T

VMware to Proxmox Migration HELP!

Hello, I currently have a virtual machine that is running on VMware Workstation Pro. That virtual machine has very important licenses that are attached to the "physical" hardware of the virtual machine. I want to migrate that virtual machine to my Proxmox server, keeping all of the hardware...
  12. A

How to remove configuration of a mount partition

Hello Team, We have accidentally unmout the mount partiotion using "umount /path of mount partition." The issue is that after unmounting partiotion . We destroy the mount partition using web GUI but didn't remove its configuration file. Now it shows "?" for that mount partition. What is the...
  13. J

Shift issues

While in proxmox inside a vm I cant use SHIFT + any number to type in symbols it only types the number like if i don't used the shift button, but with a normal letter that works. (meaning that shift + letter = capital letter). This only happens me within vm in the proxmox shell is like my normal...
  14. P

Proxmox Fehler in der Shell connection failed (Error 500: unable to open file '/var/tmp/pve-reserved-ports.tmp.22491' - Read-only file system)

Hallo zusammen, nachdem mein Proxmox lange Zeit super lief, geht seit heute plötzlich kaum noch etwas. Heute morgen war noch alles normal, dann Mittag hatte ich keinen Zugriff mehr auf die Gui von pihole, ioBroker, Heimdall, ect. Auch die Proxmox GUI ging nicht. Nach einem Neustart sah es so...
  15. E

Can Someone please help me with Issue in VM migration between Proxmox nodes?

Hello there, I am encountering an issue with VM migration between Proxmox nodes and I am hoping to get some assistance. I have a setup with two Proxmox nodes (let's call them Node1 and Node2) connected to a shared storage. When I try to migrate a running VM from Node1 to Node2 using the...
  16. S

Internet connectivity issue on pve Node

Hello everyone, today we had a issue on one of our 3 Nodes Cluster, that the VMs suddenly doesn't had any Internet connectivity anymore. After migrating the Virtual Firewalls to another Node, the issue was solved and after I restarted the node, the problem was solved as well. The only thing I...
  17. R

I am getting slow speed on proxmox server

Good afternoon, I am a little desperate and need some help, I need to know why when I do a speedtest-cli on the host I have so little speed, "only" I get 450Mbit/s and I should get 920Mbit/s as I have contracted 1gbit and if I do the test in windows I get 920/930Mbits, I have another mini pc...
  18. A

wrong display on ceph space utilization

Hello Team, I have 3 node cluster with Ceph as shared storage and I have only 2 pool in that node cluster. When I see things on GUI "Ceph" it show that Ceph storage is 8.96 TB while when I ran command for different pools I see that total ceph utilisation is about 4.3 TB. So my question is...
  19. V

LXC container backup ends with error

I have a backup for all my containers running against an external s3fs bucket (hosted in iDrive). I also have this script running that, once the backup finishes, it deletes the backup files from the local disk I recently created a new container where I mapped two drives which I use to put the...
  20. T

[SOLVED] I’ve question about grub zfs between upgrade to 8 “bug grub”

Hello, In subject “ GRUB Might Fail To Boot From LVM in UEFI Mode“ https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_7_to_8 If i’ve use ZFS on EFI mode should be not affect boot right ? Could you please suggest. Best Regard.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!