PMG with external pop3 catch-all mailbox

Supaman

Jan 10, 2024
Hello,

as far as i understand the documentation, the following processing is supported:

[sender mailserver] ---> [PMG direct via public IP] ---> [own mailserver]
[sender mailserver] ---> [hostermailbox] <---> [PMG pop3] ---> [forward to Emailadress i.e. target@domain.com ]

or in other words: receive and delivery is limited to same type,
IP to IP or mailbox(email adress) to email adress

This does not fit for my setup:

[sender mailserver] ---> [domain MX points -> hoster mailserver] -> catch-all mailbox
mailserver download mailbox via pop3, parses the recipients and devliver to target mailboxes.

for this reason i would need:

PMG download emails from hoster catch-all mailbox via pop3, and deliver to Mailserver IP
or acts as a Mailbox, so Mailserver can download via pop3 from PMG.

How can configure this ?

regards,

Supa

Last edited:
I would like to jump on this and ask if it could be implemented in the near future so that you can configure Fetchmail Multidrop (with all its disadvantages) directly from the GUI, just like SMTP Smarthost to an external host. That would be a huge help for many small companies. I am currently looking at whether pmg could "replace" GFI MailEssentials, but I'm still stumbling over these "little things" and I'm not a Linux pro either so it's hard to work through all of this (adjusting the fetchmail template for multidrop and SMTP with Authentication).

cheers Dirk

hm - Since the question does not come up the first time - I would suggest you open an enhancement request over at our bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com - That way all users who want this functionality can subscribe and say so there - which helps us in our planning on if and when we might add the functionality.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!