[SOLVED] [ERROR] No Device with Valid ISO Found

Solution is very simple...unplug usb during looking for ISO file and plug in again.
Working for every versions.

I noticed when testing devices it is lookin for /dev/sr0 which is a CDRom device even though I was using a USB and it should have been looking for /dev/sd(x) and that is why it never finds it. I burned 8.1 to a CD and it installed normally as it found the /dev/sr0 it was looking for

Hello, if you install the iso file to USB with the Balenaetcher Program, there is no problem. The Proxmox 8.1.1 installation was successful.

I tried via Ventoy like 8 times, even pulling out the drive.

balanaEtcher worked first time!

I met the same problem with 8.1.1 no matter using balenaEtcher or dd to write the iso to my usb disk on my mac.
Your method did work for me. Just registered this to thank you for sharing your trial
It works with balena. Thank you for sharing this solution with us.

I had this issue when booting from my Ventoy drive, but I updated Ventoy (just use the installer and it will ask to upgrade; it won't even erase the ISOs on the drive), and now it works fine.

Reactions: effgee
I have been trying to install Proxmox (versions 6, 7, and 8. All the same results) on a DL380 G6 but can't get the install media to work. I get as far as selecting Install Proxmox VE. Console text comes up and i get
Code:
testing device '/dev/sr0' for ISO
testing device '/dev/sdc' for ISO
testing again in xxx seconds...

[ERROR] No device with valid ISO found, please check your installation medium.

I have flashed the usb drive with both Rufus (dd mode) and Etcher, but neither tools work
The only changes I have made to Grub is adding module_blacklist=radeonfb to the linux options to fix a graphical error where I would get an "Out of Range" error on multiple monitors and vga cables (which appears to be a long running issue that hasn't been fixed yet according to the bug tracker)
7.4 work fine, 8.1 does not. One machine, one USB stick. So there are something wrong with prepare instalation from ISO. unfortunelly I'had choice 7.4 for production, because 8.1 instalation did not start. I prepared multi iso stick by ventoy

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!