zpool export command does not return

datenhain

Renowned Member
Sep 21, 2015
Germany
www.datenhain.de
Hello Forum,

im experiencing issues while exporting zfs pools, the "zpool export" command dies, blocking all following zfs/zpool operations.

In several smaller proxmox Installations I use external usb discs for replicating the local zfs pools. This worked fine for years but now zpool dies on exporting the backup pool after a backup done with simplesnap.

I have read about the fixes for the export/umount issues but it looks like there are some bugs remaining.

At the first customer i can reproduce the problems with only one of the backup drives.
Both backup drives were created a really long time ago and i upgraded the pools several times over the last years.
Before the export there are several steps that could keep the pool busy: expiring old snapshots etc.

This ist the relevant part of my script:

# fremde snapshots löschen
zfs list -t snap -o name | grep -E "^$pool.*@__simplesnap_.*" | grep -v "_"$pool"_" | xargs -r -n 1 /sbin/zfs destroy

# alte snapshots löschen
zfSnap -d "$pool"

simplesnap --local --host localhost --setname "$pool" --store "$pool/simplesnap"

# sind alle snapshots aktuell?
simplesnap --check "2 days ago" --setname "$pool" --store "$pool/simplesnap"

zpool export $pool

Kernel and zfsutils are up to date:

prompt# uname -a
Linux proxmox-jj 4.15.18-5-pve #1 SMP PVE 4.15.18-24 (Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:15:10 +0200) x86_64 GNU/Linux
prompt# apt-cache policy zfsutils-linux
zfsutils-linux:
Installed: 0.7.11-pve1~bpo1

I have not recreated the backup pools until now, this would be my next step.
Does anyone experience similar issues?

Best Regards
André Hermbusch

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!