ZFS Pool files are missing!!!

lionking

Jul 28, 2012
Hey guys!

Need your help please!

I am using Proxmox 2.2 with zpool called: DATA
after a recent reboot my VM's that are stored on DATA won't boot with error the files are missing, when i tried to locate them the whole pool is empty.
but when i run this:

root@proxmox:~# zfs list
NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
data 860G 52.5G 860G /data

it shows the right amounts, still no files!
after some research i understand it is some kinda mount issue, which i have no idea how to fix.

Please help!
Sincerely
Andrey

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing:
the zpool is intact:
root@proxmox:~# zpool status
pool: data
state: ONLINE
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 2h26m with 0 errors on Fri May 3 20:01:12 2013
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
data ONLINE 0 0 0
raidz1-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
sdb ONLINE 0 0 0
sdc ONLINE 0 0 0
sdd ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors
You have new mail in /var/mail/root

Do you see them mounted eg. via the `mount` command? If not, try `zfs mount -a`.

Well, in that case probably Proxmox created dirs for some PVE storage you configured in the zfs root. You're safe to delete everything there before mounting the zfs datasets (but do check it before doing so). I'd recommend to use/upgrade to the ZoL 0.6.1 release for Debian, that comes with an actually working automount script (at least I had no problems so far with it). Or arrange startup order so PVE startup scripts start after the zfs script in init.d. In short, make sure the zfs root dir is empty when mounting your zfs datasets.

Well, in that case probably Proxmox created dirs for some PVE storage you configured in the zfs root. You're safe to delete everything there before mounting the zfs datasets (but do check it before doing so). I'd recommend to use/upgrade to the ZoL 0.6.1 release for Debian, that comes with an actually working automount script (at least I had no problems so far with it). Or arrange startup order so PVE startup scripts start after the zfs script in init.d. In short, make sure the zfs root dir is empty when mounting your zfs datasets.

I dont know how to thank you!
Spot on!
Thank you very very much!
May i borrow your brain? ;-) or at least a snapshot?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!