You do not have a valid subscription for this server

sohaib

May 14, 2011
Is this software not free anymore ? As every time I login I got this message "[h=2]You do not have a valid subscription for this server[/h]
I dont really need a subscription do I ? As I am using a community edition its my choice to either go for license edition or actually go with Xenserver, therefore please help me understand what is going on with this !!

If we have to pay for community edition which I am using for long time then is it time for some other alternate ? or this message is just annoying and going to keep showing up , every time I log in !!!, please explain as I am a little confuse .

Is it Free or Is it FREE but We pay for SO Call Free Software - But its not free !!! help me understand .

Proxmox is GPL compliant.
If you buy a subscription you can use "enterprise repository" : MORE tested, suitable for production server.
If you don't buy a subscription you can use "free repository": LESS tested.
In a nutshell, that's all

Try using the search facility. This has been discussed ad nauseum for weeks now.

Try using the search facility. This has been discussed ad nauseum for weeks now.

I am sure it's been discussed numerous times but those threads are not very clear , anyway thanks for responding.

"Weren't we using PROXMOX without NON Enterprise repo when they first build the software" & at the same time using Proxmox in production - Just a question so now they want to charge, by naming as enterprise rep... hmmmmm.

They are setting a foundation for future Enterprises, and to be honest, it's necessary.
The company I work for is considering Proxmox as a Virtual Host, but wouldn't consider it without a paid support and detailed outline of limitations and restrictions.
It's a matter of professionalism and a way to fund the project that we all LOVE so much.
For those of us that just want it free, and just want to test, It's only a single "OK" box that we have to deal with. In all honesty,there isn't much difference for the normal users of Proxmox. We were always using the newest from the repository anyway. They have just added an enterprise section with less dynamic updates, but more stable. This helps to INSURE uptime. Especially for companies where you have to train all aspects of the job. Now some of your IT can stay within the GUI, and won't break anything SERIOUS.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!