yet another question about installation n setup

sprasetio

Nov 2, 2012
jakarta, indonesia
dear all,
i have been reading / skimming throughly this site and found most help, but i have a kinda blur concept of clustering/virtualization.
ok here we go I need to setup a high-availability virtualization server for my office.
we are in a progress of building a web-based apps for our user; maybe based on mysql / vb / php ... still dont know. but these server shall be running winxp/win7 or ubuntu.

and i was thinking to setup consist these:
1. 2-3 cluster nodes using proxmox ve with i7-2600s, z77 mobo, 16gb ram, 1-60gb ssd on each machine or none if booted using ipxe / iscsi
2. 1 san server using nexenta / nas4free (as opposed freenas) / or any other good suggestion? this will backup those cluster nodes above,
specs are i3-2100, h61 mobo, 16gb ram, 1-60gb ssd for boot drive, software raid 0+1 - 4 port2@2TB WD Green

currently, we only have : one p4 router and one atom file server, both based on zentyal 2.xx. I wanted to move my file server to san server as well and leave the router alone (works fine)

i'm using most of desktop products not server products because the availability and cost.

Assuming those specs above needs adjustment on both hardware n software(opensource), please do help and your input is greatly appreciated

Best regards,
sprasetio

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!