would like to have read/write snapsthot capability

mmenaz

Renowned Member
Jun 25, 2009
Northern east Italy
Premise: I'm ignorant about the lvm snapshot stuff, except basic concepts that are in play when I perform a snapsthot backup on lvm storage.
I often have the problem to try some upgrade / installation and fear that I could ruin the OS in some way, so I do a backup in advance, but for large VM it takes a lot of time.
I've read about lvm2 "read/write" snapshot, that can do what I need, if I'm interpreting correctly: I could create a snapshot, do the upgrade, and if things go wrong "rollback" to the previouis state, otherwise keep the modification and destoy the snapshot: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/snapshotintro.html
Is it possible to have it in proxmox 2.0? Is it possible from command line without mess things up (how?) and would it be great if could be done from web interface.
Thanks a lot
Marco Menardi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!