[SOLVED] Windows server 2016 - Can't boot ISO

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by leovinci81, Oct 31, 2018.

1. leovinci81

leovinci81 New Member

Hi,

I'm trying to install a brand new windows server 2016, but sadly without success.
    I downloaded multiple ISO, I can mount properly in windows 10, but I always get following error in the console when I boot the ISO:

BOOTMgr image is corrupt The system cannot boot.

Following actions where taken:

* changed to non spaces name: Server2016.iso
    * chmod iso to all access

When I boot a regular windows 7 ISO, all works fine, as soon I select windows server 2016, not working, always get same error, I followed the best practice video from the tutorial . . .

2. symmcom

symmcom Active Member

How did you upload the ISO into Proxmox storage? Through GUI or something like FileZilla? Try to copy the ISO with FileZilla if you havent tried yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LnxBil

LnxBil Well-Known Member

Please also try to verify the checksum.

4. leovinci81

leovinci81 New Member

Thanks for reply guys, yeah, corrupt iso, weird ... I did transfer over usb3 and had each time this error with whatever ISO, when I did a transfer over the network, it worked fine, weird, but solved

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice