Windows KVM restore stops on startup

PatchDog

Apr 26, 2010
I had a bad electrical storm that ended up frying one of my server. I had full backups of all my VMs and KVMs. I rebuilt a new server and was able to restore and start all of my linux VMs and KVMs. I have 1 Windows7 KVM and 1 Windows 2008 R2 Server KVM that I am having problems with.

The restore of both Windows KVM went fine. When I try to start either of the they try to start and just stop.

My old server was version 1.5 when everything was backed up. I built the new server with the new 1.9 version.

Please Help I need to get the 2008 server up and running!

Thanks
PatchDog

SYSLOG

Mar 10 15:42:06 pvedaemon 27352 starting VM 1028 on node 0 (localhost)
Mar 10 15:42:06 qm 27353 VM 1028 start
Mar 10 15:42:06 pvedaemon 27352 VM 1028 start failed -

proxmox:~# qm start 1028
volume 'local:iso/server_2008_r2_standard_enterprise_datacenter_x64.iso' does not exist

So now I have to find this iso file. Wish me luck!

It would be on the old Proxmox hard drive right? Is there any way to view the linux partition on a windows machine? I have a USB adapter.

proxmox:~# qm start 1028
volume 'local:iso/server_2008_r2_standard_enterprise_datacenter_x64.iso' does not exist

I guess that VM is already fully installed, so maybe do do not need that iso to get the VM operational?

If so, try:

# qm set 1028 --cdrom none

Then try to start again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!