windows 2003 and sage 50 and proxmox

raj

Sep 17, 2011
www.businessparksolutions.com
Hi Guys,

I recently moved an esxi 4.1 vm image of a windows 2003 to proxmox 2.1

Sage is installed on that image but unfortnately, it does not launch anymore.

The only thing it does is max the processor.

I have even put a second core in even passed the host proc over and increaded the ram from 1 gb to 2 gb.

Still no joy.

anyone any ideas as why.

There is nothing in windows logs :-(

Cheers,

Raj

Thank you very much yakakliker :)

Worked well

For anyone else who get stuck in that here are the steps in the above link:

[h=1]How to completely disable DEP in Windows Server 2003[/h] by admin on March 19, 2009

To completely disable DEP in Windows Server 2003, perform the following with administrative credentials:
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Tools > Folder Options > View

3. Uncheck Hide Protected operating system files (Recommended) and Hide extensions for known file types

4. Click apply > OK
5. Browse to C:\
6. Right click on boot.ini, select properties and ensure the “read-only” tab is unchecked and click OK
7. Edit boot.ini
8. Modify the /noexecute=
For example, set /noexecute=AlwaysOff to disasble DEP entirely
9. File > Save, close boot.ini file
10. Right click on boot.ini, select properties and ensure the “read-only” tab is checked and click OK
11. Reboot the computer

what do u mean, i am on 2.1

Sorry if I did not get the question right.

Cheers,

Raj

It was just a question to the "Proxmox dream team" : Why the same VM Windows need DEP disabled with Proxmox 2.x and not with Proxmox 1.9 ?

PS : Sorry for my poor English .... I'm French .. ;-)

Well i do speak french also, I am originally from mauritius :) but lets stick to eng

Proxmox is a great alternative to vmware really good just a few tweaks here and there i suppose.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!