Windows 10, anybody has done it?

falves1

Jan 11, 2009
I need to virtualize several dozen Windows 10 Pro boxes, does anybody know if the Virtio drivers do work and also how does the memory sharing works? I need to show 16G RAM per box, but naturally, I want to use only what is needed so I may overcommit.

I need to virtualize several dozen Windows 10 Pro boxes, does anybody know if the Virtio drivers do work and also how does the memory sharing works? I need to show 16G RAM per box, but naturally, I want to use only what is needed so I may overcommit.

Virtio drivers work great for windows 10 for me. I usually use SCSI virtio disks so make sure you have the virtio drivers iso available at install.

I haven't run dozens of windows 10 images so I'm not sure about how well KSM works but it will work that same way across all KVM based solutions. That being said I have never heard that it sucks so it must be pretty decent.

Finally, It would be worth you creating a template from your master which would make deployment much easier.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!