Will lose the graphs by migrating from 4.0 to 4.4 ?

lince

Apr 10, 2015
Hello,

I am migrating from pve 4.0 to pve 4.4.

I already have one pve 4.4 node and it looks like on this node I can not see the week, month and year average.

Will I loose all this graph data ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

Is there a way to migrate the graphs ? I wouldn't like to loose the information if there is a way to keep it.

I checked it again and I can not see the graph history from the node that has version 4.4.

is your pve 4.4. node new? if yes -> it will take some time before you can see the data
on an upgrade, the graph data will not be deleted, so you should be fine

the rrd dbs are under /var/lib/rrdcached/db if you want to backup those (but should not be necessary)

Thank you for your reply @dcsapak

Lets see if I can explain the issue with some more detail.

I have a three node cluster with the nodes pve2, pve3 and pve4. They used to be proxmox 4.0 but now I have updated two of them so I have the following versions:

pve2 and pve3 are proxmox 4.4
pve 4 is proxmox 4.0

When I go to the web interface of the node pve4 (proxmox 4.0) and I check the graphs for any node, I can see data for the last 7 months.

When I go to the web interface of the node pve2 (proxmox 4.4) and I check the graphs for any node, I can see data for the last 2 months.

Why can I not see the last 7 months of data from proxmox 4.4 ?

Thanks.

could you post a screenshot of this please?

hi, yeah i saw it, i will look into it why this is the case, but as far as i remember it, this should definitely work, because both graphs get the data from the same source (namely /var/lib/rrdcached/db )

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!