Will be Ceph Mimic on pve5.x?

udo

Distinguished Member
Apr 22, 2009
Ahrensburg; Germany
Hi,
on the ceph-user mailing list is the question for ceph mimic packages for stretch.
Answer short: because of missing backported cc++17-compiler they can't build packages for stretch!

Will this the same with pve5, or does the pve-devs use an actual compiler?

Udo

We will not provide ceph mimic packages for stretch now. The plan is to support minic with Debian 'buster' ...

Reactions: chrone
oops 2nd/3rd quarter 2019 ????? Bit Late in my opinion !

I presume though this could be a reason to run Ceph (externally) say on CentOS 7.x as it would support Mimic immediately.

Reactions: janos
I presume though this could be a reason to run Ceph (externally) say on CentOS 7.x as it would support Mimic immediately.

or ubuntu.

ubuntu and centos are the 2 distro 100% supported, tested and validated in lab (running integration tests every day).

Reactions: chrone
don't have tested it, but it should work. (luminous client->mimic cluster)

as long as the external cluster is configured to be compatible with luminous, yes.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!