Why my pve system can just work normally with a hdmi connection ?

zkk000sflw

Jan 19, 2021
I set up the PVE(The version is 6.2) under the cpu of j1900.And it can't work(It can't get into the system properly) unless I add a hdmi connection to it ..And, it need a hdmi connection when it just started .If for a few miniture ,It still didn't work unless I restarted it with hdmi connection ..

I searched for the syslog and debug for the question ,but it didn't work ,there is just blank .

just as these :
I shuted down it at about 15:36:02 and started it withoung hdmi connection during 15:37:00 to 15:40:00 ...And started it with hdmi connection at 15:45:18 successfully .

1611043540386.png

My machine is remoulded by a Rainbow graphics card, I dont't know if it's matter or not .

I set up the PVE(The version is 6.2) under the cpu of j1900.And it can't work(It can't get into the system properly) unless I add a hdmi connection to it ..And, it need a hdmi connection when it just started .If for a few miniture ,It still didn't work unless I restarted it with hdmi connection ..

I searched for the syslog and debug for the question ,but it didn't work ,there is just blank .

just as these :
I shuted down it at about 15:36:02 and started it withoung hdmi connection during 15:37:00 to 15:40:00 ...And started it with hdmi connection at 15:45:18 successfully .

View attachment 22848

My machine is remoulded by a Rainbow graphics card, I dont't know if it's matter or not .
Looks like an hardware issue without any relation to Proxmox (and probably any other OS too). Try to install a simple Ubuntu server and check whether you have the same phenomenon.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!