Whitelists don't work?

freywille

Apr 9, 2008
Hi, we are using the PROXMOX Free version as a VM on VMWare ESX.

We are currently having the following problem: We are trying to let external Users send eMail trough PROXMOX from the internet. How can I do that? Using the WHITELIST? I added a Whitelist SENDER eMail adress, but that does not work. Anything else I don't get?

Would appreciate some help. Thanks

So, I believe that I missinterpreted the use of whitelists :)

But still, how can I let external Users relay automatically? Before, our Postfix MailServer let external users relay trough IMAP. So when they logged in, they could relay (I believe it was so...). What about now? The first SMTP Server that answers behind our Firewall is PROXMOX for now. But how can I let them relay? Do I have to have a local user database for users that can relay with passwords?

best regards

So, I believe that I missinterpreted the use of whitelists :)

But still, how can I let external Users relay automatically? Before, our Postfix MailServer let external users relay trough IMAP. So when they logged in, they could relay (I believe it was so...). What about now? The first SMTP Server that answers behind our Firewall is PROXMOX for now. But how can I let them relay? Do I have to have a local user database for users that can relay with passwords?

best regards

Hi,
Proxmox is only acting as a mail proxy, there are no user accounts stored. therefore no authentication against users is possible.

So as your internal mail server is still there, just use it like before. this means your DNS/Firewall should be configured that those external email users sents their emails via the old one (to achieve this, use a different port)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!