where do i set numbers of backup pr vm?

offerlam

Renowned Member
Dec 30, 2012
Denmark
I don't know whats wrong with me, but all of a sudden i can't find where i set the number of backups to be made per vm.

I have a running backup where i want to ajust how many days back i want backup of my vms but i can't find it.

my proxmox version is 3.2-2

if i edit the job underdatacenter -> backup there is not entry for numbers of backup per vm

so datacenter -> storage ?

if so its set to 1.. but there are multiple backups days back for my vms in the backup job? it it was truely 1 i would assume there would only be one backup of each vm?

ah i see what i might have done wrong.. if wrong at all :)

my max backup of 30 days if set on the backup nfs definition under storage.. should it have been the NFS where the running VM is located?

well it is set on the storage holding the backups... so i guess its setup correctly.. thank for answering!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!