What is the correct method to change rbd monhost?

mbarchein

Renowned Member
May 26, 2015
Hello.

I have a production 3 node proxmox 4.1 cluster with an external RBD storage. The external RBD has 3 nodes, each one with a ceph monitor. The hostnames are ceph0{1,2,3}.mynetwork.com. The ceph cluster is healthy and everything works fine. My /etc/pve/storage.cfg is this:

Code:
dir: local
        disable
        path /var/lib/vz
        maxfiles 0
        content iso,rootdir,vztmpl,images

rbd: ceph
        monhost ceph01.mynetwork.com
        username admin
        content images
        krbd
        pool rbd

nfs: host-backup
        server host-backup
        path /mnt/pve/host-backup
        export /srv/nfs4/host-backup
        options vers=3
        content backup
        maxfiles 3

I want to safely change the monhost option to use the three monitors. The monitors are ceph0{1,2,3}.mynetwork.com. Every proxmox node has several running VMs with their disks in the RBD storage. Is it safe to directly modify /etc/pve/storage.cfg on a running cluster? Do I need to reboot each one of the three proxmox hosts after the change or take another action?

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!