Weird new structure in my cgroups

Ovidiu

Renowned Member
Apr 27, 2014
I recently noticed these "ns" folders, any idea what that is about?

Code:
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/100
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/100/ns
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/102
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/102/ns
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/104
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/104/ns
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/105
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/105/ns
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/108
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/108/ns

see https://git.proxmox.com/?p=lxc.git;a=commitdiff;h=308c8a3ef9e7cb2becde9743c62c2252bd9474f2 , the commit message for the first patch gives a good summary:

When cgroup namespaces are enabled a privileged container with mixed cgroups has full write access to its own root cgroup effectively allowing it to overwrite values written from the outside or configured via lxc.cgroup.*.

This patch causes an additional 'ns/' directory to be created in all cgroups if cgroup namespaces and cgfsng are being used in order to combat this.

Reactions: Ovidiu
I configured "lxc.cgroup.blkio.throttle.write_bps_device" value
in "/sys/fs/cgroup/blkio/lxc/115/blkio.throttle.write_bps_device" OK
but in "/sys/fs/cgroup/blkio/lxc/115/ns/blkio.throttle.write_bps_device" is empty
so throttling not working until I write directly to "/sys/fs/cgroup/blkio/lxc/115/ns/blkio.throttle.write_bps_device"
why?

see my previous reply ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!