Weird host startup messages

kobuki

Renowned Member
Dec 30, 2008
I've installed the PVE kernel on top of a working Lenny installation. I started with the kernel and rebooted, but upon boot, the following message appears twice on the console:

modprobe: Fatal: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.35-1-pve/modules.dep: no such file or directory

The /lib/modules/2.6.35-1-pve/modules.dep file does exist and the system seems to boot up without problems, and all services are running as expected.

# uname -a
Linux openfiler 2.6.35-1-pve #1 SMP Thu Dec 16 06:05:58 CET 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

PVE userspace tools and firmware haven't been installed yet - first I want to rectify this problem. It might happern that this could be safely ignored, but i don't know. Can you help, please.

Well, I've looked for solutions elsewhere. It seems that the 2.6.35 kernel package/initram environment has this bug in several distros, namely the latest Ubuntu has or had this problem. There it can be ignored. I don't know the exact status of the Proxmox kernel - dear Proxmox maintainers, please can you assure us the problem appearing at bootup doesn't affect the system. Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!