webinterface problems

Beastie

Apr 2, 2011
I'm migrating servers to the proxmox VE 2.x environment and used the webinterface to start the ct and vm's I have at the moment 3 nodes connected but all of a sudden I can't login through the webinterface no more.
I get briefly a logged in on the top right corner but it immediately asks for a login and pass again. In the logs it shows correct login.
I searched here and checked all standard things, the date/time is synced, I did a pvecm updatecerts and rebooted, I checked hostnames etc...
nothing resolved the problem.

I then found the pvecm updatecerts --force and tried that but that gives me an error on all 3 nodes.

root@leibniz:~# pvecm updatecerts --force
Signature ok
subject=/OU=PVE Cluster Node/O=Proxmox Virtual Environment/CN=leibniz.digibel.be
Getting CA Private Key
CA certificate and CA private key do not match
20555:error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch:x509_cmp.c:406:
unable to generate pve ssl certificate:
command 'openssl x509 -req -in /tmp/pvecertreq-20553.tmp -days 3650 -out /etc/pve/nodes/leibniz/pve-ssl.pem -CAkey /etc/pve/priv/pve-root-ca.key -CA /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem -CAserial /etc/pve/priv/pve-root-ca.srl -extfile /tmp/pvesslconf-20553.tmp' failed: exit code 1

what do I do to regain access from the browser ?

Try to remove the and regenerate the CA certificate:

# rm /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem

Then regenerate all certificates on all nodes (run below command on all nodes):

# pvecm updatecerts --force

Then reboot the nodes.

It didn't solve the login problem but I don't get the error on the updatecerts no more.

I still get right after login again a login and this happens on all nodes.
the syslog shows the login worked as it did before
Apr 12 11:18:12 leibniz pvedaemon[20876]: <root@pam> successful auth for user 'root@pam'
but the webinterface keeps asking for the login

I tried linux/firefox linux/google (debian, ubuntu and fedora) and also tried win7/firefox win7/ie and win7/google latest versions fully upgraded os on all systems

Sorry for the late reply, yes the dat/time was correct and synched and I couldn't find any reason why it wouldn't work. As mentioned in another post I couldn't get kvm to run native although it was supported and was running on the hardware under 1.9
I decided to reinstall again from scratch to see what that would give and it has been running correctly (kvm and login both work flawless) since then (2 days now). I did have a problem yesterday where the load from one of my machines went real high and tons of cron processes where dead (I think caused by the backup), it looked like the backup wasn't doing anything no more, the virtuals weren't responding no more and I coudn't reboot remotely no more (had to pull the power out), I turned the backup off for now (did it manually) and it seems now to work stable (will try later with backups enabled again).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!