WEB GUI password does not work

C

Chris Rivera

85-90% of the proxmox web interface are not accepting the password.

i have tried to restart pvedaemon but get the following error

root@proxmox2:~# /etc/init.d/pvedaemon restart
Restarting PVE Daemon: pvedaemonunable to create socket - PVE::APIDaemon: Cannot assign requested address
(warning).

syslog output:

Feb 25 14:00:09 proxmox2 pvedaemon[70397]: unable to start server: unable to create socket - PVE::APIDaemon: Cannot assign requested address

what are other ways to troubleshoot?
i can start and stop the service but get this error.

Not since the reboot. This node has been rebooted 2 times already and nothing seems to work.

The change that was made then removed:

We activated eth1 with a seperate ip on seperate vlan specifically for proxmox management. Problem was this did not work as expected and vms were using this interface to communicate to the internet which cause some vms to work and some not to work. I removed the eth1 interface info and restarted networking. Once i ran ifconfig and saw eth1 still displayed we rebooted the node to make sure networking was correct. Everything else works as expected except we cannot use gui since it will not accept the password.

######

Hosts file points to the current eth0 ip address which has been correct since reboot, no changes have been made.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!