Watchdog raises iDRAC alert

Apr 21, 2017
Hi.
I have Proxmox 4.4 installed in a new Dell R630 with watchdog configured as explained in the Proxmox wiki which is just as the 6th comment in this other thread suggests:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/configure-hardware-watchdog-ipmi-fencing.32989/
At the end of that comment it says:
"at reboot, the kernel complains about not stopping watchdog “IPMI Watchdog: Unexpected
close, not stopping watchdog!”, it is normal. Systemd configures the watchdog at 10 minutes before
running the shutdown sequence."

I also see that message but the problem is that the iDRAC 8 in the server raises an alert whenever that happens, so we get an alert in the monitoring system as well. I know that server reboots are not frequent but its a bit annoying.
¿Anyone managed to avoid that message or the alert from raising?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!