vzmigrate from PVE 1.9 to PVE 2.0beta - works - only cosmetic problem for RAM-size

hk@

Renowned Member
Feb 10, 2010
Vienna
kapper.net
Hi,
yes, I know this is not supported yet, but I guess after seeing this there needs to be some migration-tool anyways :)

I simply took a small debian lenny (5.0.9) openvz-VPS and migrated it from a V1.9 PVE system to the current beta.

the VPS itself is running fine, but the PVE2.0 GUI is really challenged:
it sees 36028797018963970 MB RAM :)

manually setting the values for RAM corrects the whole vz.conf-file and everything keeps working fine and it is also fine to see RAM and SWAP within the VPS!

IPv6 also working - yeah!

It is only a cosmetic problem, but I suggest to plan for some vz.conf-migration-setting to not have to fix all VPS'es manually.

Regards,
hk

Last edited:
Re: vzmigrate from PVE 1.9 to PVE 2.0beta - works - only cosmetic problem for RAM-siz

2.0 uses vswap, 1.9 not. if you manually restore a 1.9 to 2.0 you just need to set ram and swap via GUI and save to apply it.

the upcoming upgrade script from 1.9 to 2.0 should take care of this, at least that's the plan.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!