VZ Container networking problems, when not in /var/lib/vz

RRJ

Apr 14, 2010
Estonia, Tallinn
Hi,

I think I must be missing something, but when I chose different storage for OpenvZ containers, I am not able to run any tcp services on them.
SSH example:

Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshdPRNG is not seeded
failed!

As soon as I move them to /var/lib/vz/ everything works fine.

Using latest proxmox.

Last edited:
and also I've got these strange things if I run CT on different storage location...:

root@test:/# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/simfs 4.0G 128K 4.0G 1% /

root@test:/# ifup eth0
run-parts: failed to open directory /etc/network/if-pre-up.d: Value too large for defined data type
run-parts: failed to open directory /etc/network/if-up.d: Value too large for defined data type

root@:# vzctl enter 100
entered into CT 100
fstat: Value too large for defined data type

And this is fresh Proxmox installation.. No way to store CTs on different location?

and yes, the storage target is GlusterFS volume mounted via Web GUI.

Last edited:
Hm.
I've downloaded a template from openvz site and it is working, but still df -h shows wrong sizes.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/simfs 4.0G 128K 4.0G 1% /
none 128M 4.0K 128M 1% /dev
none 26M 1.0M 25M 4% /run
none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
none 77M 0 77M 0% /run/shm
none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

Any ideas?

vzquota drop $VMID
helps

result:
the debian template from proxmox gui is broken.

summary:
If you want to move CTs storage to other place (gluster, other dir, other disk or smth), do not use CT templates from Proxmox GUI. Download them from OpenVZ site, they work fine without any error.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!