VNC error timeout after network settings change

obrador

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I configured a Proxmox 2.0 host and created some KVM machines on a SAN, all perfect.

After that I had to re-configure the network settings to fit a new location for the server, I configured some VLANS and changed the eth device for the vmbr0. I've done it before with older versions of Proxmox, with no error.

After setting new network configuration, I get an error when I try to open a console, which is weird, because I can't access any of the created VM's nor even create more VM's.

The error given in the tasks log is this:
no connection : Connection timed out
TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 101 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 1

Also I tried to exec the command:
/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 101
with same results.

The host has an smal firewall using iptables, but it has an ACCEPT default policy for INPUT, OUTPUT and FORWARD chains, so I'm nearly sure that it's not a firewall problem.

I would like to know if some of you can help, I'm a bit desesperated, and need to solve this problem.

I attach /etc/network/interfaces if it can be helpful

Code:
# network interface settings
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address  192.168.0.2
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        gateway  192.168.0.1

# DMZ
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address  192.168.100.1
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        bridge_ports eth1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

iface eth2 inet manual

# Xarxa ADM
auto vlan10
iface vlan10 inet static
        address  192.168.1.1
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        vlan-raw-device eth2

# WIFI
auto vlan20
iface vlan20 inet static
        address  172.16.0.1
        netmask  255.255.0.0
        vlan-raw-device eth2

# Alumnes
auto vlan30
iface vlan30 inet static
        address 192.168.3.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        vlan-raw-device eth2

Hi, I've read the forum and it seems that it's a recurrent issue. As a guy says on another post, I also upgraded proxmox.

I've been trying a bit and got into some conclusions:

Running /bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 101' I can connect with a external vnc viewer or even telnet it, but error appears when setting properly ssl connection (xvncviewer says "No matching security types"), so I tried ssvnc, which supports SSL, and this vnc client gives another error when trying to connect, it says an error occurred fetching server certificate... can it be a problem with certificates?

Hi.... after a bit more digging I found that the problem is not the server, but the navigator. I use firefox on ubuntu and I can't get it work, but Safari on Mac OS X works well, so I focus in how to get firefox on ubuntu work to open the console. It worked before upgrading proxmox.

Jaume.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!