VNC and howto switch CLI login-screens with ALT-Fx for kvm-linux VMs.

p3x-749

Jan 19, 2010
Okay, this might be a noop question but my google-fu seems not strong enough for this.

When installing a linux distro, that only comes with a CLI (no GUI, no X) in a KVM VM...

...how can I use the ALT-Fx switch inside the embedded vnc connection
(that is web-vnc session started from proxmox UI) to switch to the different logins/terminals/screens
of that distro, like I can do in a native install ?

...oh, yes, I tried...but ALT-Fx always has the focus on the OS that runs the WebBrowser connected to the proxmox host.

TIA,
p3x-749

Okay, this might be a noop question but my google-fu seems not strong enough for this.

When installing a linux distro, that only comes with a CLI (no GUI, no X) in a KVM VM...

...how can I use the ALT-Fx switch inside the embedded vnc connection
(that is web-vnc session started from proxmox UI) to switch to the different logins/terminals/screens
of that distro, like I can do in a native install ?

...oh, yes, I tried...but ALT-Fx always has the focus on the OS that runs the WebBrowser connected to the proxmox host.

TIA,
p3x-749
Hi,
monitor (qm):
Code:
sendkey ctrl-alt-f1
see also http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/FAQ#I_c..._in_Linux_KVM_guests_with_alt-F1.2C_alt-F2...

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!