VMs ID number

Nemesiz

Renowned Member
Jan 16, 2009
Lithuania
It was a time then OpenVZ limited vps id to start from 100. Proxmox still keeps this limit. Maybe it is time to unchain this limitation ?

seems like a rather big change (codewise) for what i think very little gain, why exactly would it be necessary to have vms with vmids < 100 ?

I like limitless possibilities and the ID limit is like a Mammoths. Maximum ID number 999999999 is more than enough. Removing limits it is like a symbol of moving forward.

Spending time to remove "limits" that aren't really there seems like a waste of time and resources to me. Removing this "limit" has nothing to do with going forward. Since the actual limit is so high, these extra 100 won't solve your problem if you run into the limit.

Reactions: guletz
I don't think it has to be assigned for the task, but the source code is always changing so removing unnecessary parts can trigger this limit to by removed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!