VM Network step by step

camaran

Jul 14, 2013
Hi,
how i can create a VM internal lan only?

There is somebody that can give me an example for my proxmox host and for debian vm net configuration file?

Hi,
how i can create a VM internal lan only?

There is somebody that can give me an example for my proxmox host and for debian vm net configuration file?

Could you elaborate little bit more what you are trying to achieve? Are you talking about Virtual Network?

Yes all virtual machine must connect in virtual LAN with 10.10.x IP and this ip must not public.

Also every com must have a public ip

There might be several way to do it. But i did it this way. Take a look at the image below. Subnet #2 is i believe what you are looking for. The network is fully seperated from all other LAN in the cluster but they also are connected to Internet. The trick is to use a Virtualized Firewall. In my case i used pfSense.
proxmox-net1.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!