VM does not get net when host boots

Jan 31, 2014
I rebooted Proxmox server with 12 VMs. Guests that run only name service or otherwise small hosts booted up OK, but bigger hosts with database, web server and e-mail booted up with no network settings and services down. I logged into each from console and started network with ifup, then started services.

I do not know why this happens, but guess it may be that big guests starting at the same time are the problem. Could this guess be correct? I can't test this on a production host, booting it every 15 minutes to see if it now works better is not possible.

I already added boot order to the guest settings and a 60 second delay until next host is started. Reading the manual leads me to believe this should help if my guess about the propable cause is correct.

All guests are running Debian GNU/Linux, Proxmox is version 4.4.

Hi,

sorry but PVE4.4 is out of support, please upgrade to 5.x
Could this guess be correct?
Normally if you have no dependencies in your VM this should be indifferent.
But it is never wrong to start the VM consecutively to prevent bootstorms

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!