VIRT-IO SCSI Driver problem in Win2k3 SP2 x32

eddi1984

Oct 8, 2014
Hi,

I migrated a Win2k3 VM from Proxmox 3.4 to Proxmox 4.0. On Proxmox 3.4, the VHD was a IDE with LSI controller type (default settings).

On Proxmox 4.0 I want to change it to SCSI and Controller Type as VIRT-TO (not single). I am trying to install the drivers, but Win2k3 never accepts it and has a yellow triangle. I tried everything ...
There is also no Win2k3 vscsi folder. I tried version 100/102/109 of the Fedore virt-io driver ISO.

This is what I did.
After restoring the VM from Backup, I changed the type to VIRT-IO. I also added (in addition to the IDE0 VHD) a SCSI0 VHD. When adding the SCSI0 disk, windows will look for SCSI Passthru driver. The driver install for the passthru is not working.

I hope this picture helps.
Win2k3SCSIProblems.jpg

Thanks in advance!!!

Figured it out.

I had to use the virt-io-win-0.1-100.iso and there it was under WLH\VIOSTOR.INF. Not obvious, but found it ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!