VESA 2 Very giant limit for Proxmox VE 1.x and 2.x installation

tinx

Oct 27, 2011
Hi,

all new servers with graphic integrated on new Sandy Bridge Processor (Pentium, i5, i7 and Xeon family) not support Promox VE graphics installation, then the installation can not continue.
It's very very limit for this virtualization software.

Exist remedies for solving this problem? (not reply.... insert new add-on vga card support vesa 2.0 because it is inconceivable remedies)

thanks for reply

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

we have no "not-working" server in our test lab so its not really possible to see this issue (and fix it). are you able to sponsor such a box to the test lab?

I had no problems installing Proxmox 1.x on mentioned HW (Intel Core i7 with integrated graphics). What is the exact problem? Do you have a screenshot? I might not be able to help, but I'm curious. (Also, temporarily installing an extra video card is a solution indeed.)

This problem is present on Pentium G630T (Intel HD Graphic) and Xeon 1260L (Intel HD 2000 Graphic) with Intel H67 chipset.
The installation aborted after cdrom booting because the software not found one correct graphic resolution and color for this hardware.

Today, for testing... some 30/35 boot later.. i have found the correct resolution supported for this systems;
after boot and error resolution notification press return and select manually the only one working setting.... ...that is: VESA # 714 # 800x600-16.
Now working

Best regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!