[SOLVED] verify_cache.db

texilee

Feb 6, 2013
Hello,

a customer has communicated the wrong ip address of the final mail server ( under mail proxy-> transports -> host), therefore at the "user validation" level there are only timeout

I modified the host ip address from the panel by entering the correct one, unfortunately the user validation is performed on the wrong ip address because of the verify_cache.db file.

After changing a domain host ip under "mail proxy-> transports" the file "/var/lib/postfix/verify_cache.db" should be cleaned, otherwise the user validation could insists on the previous specified server.

Or I did something wrong^^ ?

Thanks

Enrico Tenivella

You can remove the verification database via GUI: 'Administration'->'Queues'->'Discard address verification database'

I think it's good that this is a manual action to be taken by the Administrator - since in other cases you want to change the IP of a transport (because you moved the mailserver), but know that the cache still contains good data.

I hope this helps!

Thanks you very much Ivanov, that's absolutly enough!

Have a nice week end

Enrico Tenivella

You're welcome! Glad it works for you.
Please mark the thread as 'SOLVED' - it might help others in a similar situation

Thanks!

Reactions: texilee
How long does it take for this to rebuild? I reset it a few days ago, but it appears that Proxmox is still accepting non-existent emails, whereas before clearing of the database, it would block those. If I'm misunderstanding how the verification database works, please let me know. Thank you! :)

How long does it take for this to rebuild? I reset it a few days ago, but it appears that Proxmox is still accepting non-existent emails, whereas before clearing of the database, it would block those. If I'm misunderstanding how the verification database works, please let me know. Thank you!
please open a new thread instead of replying to one which has been solved over 1 year ago...
I would check if recipient verification is enabled - and if yes - provide some logs which show the problematic behavior (in a new thread)

Reactions: osgit

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!