venet proxmox 4.2

xxx31fr

Sep 22, 2016
Hi,

With proxmox 3.4, I could easily use Venet for configuring network on my container (1 Public IP-no filover IP (Kimsufi))
I could assign a venet NIC to my VM and a private IP, and, with small setup, I could access internet from my VM.

Venet seems don't exist anymore with proxmox 4.2, how to setup network on vm with proxmox 4.2?

I can't find the opetion "venet" in webui proxox 4.2 for easily confiuring the container with a lan IP address.

could you say me how to retreive the "venet" option with proxmox 4.2

Thanks.

venet is an outdated OpenVZ technology. this is not available for LXC.

how to setup network on VM?
The host in installed on Kimsufi (OVH), that's mean: 1 public IP, no IP FailOver.
Thanks for your help.

venet is an outdated OpenVZ technology. this is not available for LXC.

Hello tom,
It was simpliest to answer user that openvz has been left for LXC
Routing has never been outdated it is just not supported by LXC
Open VZ distros are still here
Routed Mode is quite better and easier than bridge mode
i think proxmox deciders had to ask his users/customers before moving away.
https://openvz.org/Releases
Good Bye

Proxmox VE 3.4 still use OpenVZ but this is the our old wheezy based distribution.

Hello Tom, yes i am still using it, it is working perfectly
i think the future is in the docker structure, real progress to the clouded clustering and ha
i hope proxmox future releases will work on docking this will be a great novel
good work and good work
nice week end to all
Dito

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!