Vague named issues in vps

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE 1.x: Installation and configuration' started by Chow, May 12, 2009.

1. Chow

Chow Member

I'm having bind installed in a vps. We suffer from some vague dns issues. In my logfiles I see this error

May 10 04:25:16 da named[575]: internal_send: 192.0.2.1#53: Invalid argument
    May 10 04:25:24 da named[575]: socket.c:1156: unexpected error:

I have no clue what this means but I remember that this 192.0.2.1 is used in openvz??

2. tog

tog Member

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Not something I've seen before. Perhaps there's some default iptables rule to block that traffic causing the error message you're seeing?

[/FONT]

3. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

It is the fake gateway address used for venet devices.

- Dietmar

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Chow

Chow Member

Ok, so I can ignore this error? DNS issues btw solved. It was a problem at some big ISP in The Netherlands.

5. dietmar

Staff Member

You should ask the 'named' people.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Chow

Chow Member

Who will tell me to ask the openvz people who will tell me to ask the proxmox people ;)

7. dietmar

Staff Member

Above is a warning from 'named'. Thats why you should first ask them. If they tell you its a openvz problem you can ask the openvz people. if they say its a proxmox problem I will take a look at it. BTW, whats the problem at all - does something no work as expected - maybe thats the first thing to find out.

8. Chow

Chow Member

I think I just ignore it. We had vague DNS problems and although I was pretty confident it was not our nameserver creating the issues I was just making 100% sure it was not us. In this search I found this error.
    At the moment we know 100% sure its not our nameserver which created the problems so as long the error doesn't do any harm I just leave it there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice