v1.5 - quits receiving incoming emails

bct

Jul 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK
www.bct.cc
Hi there.
On a v1.5 box (running as a VMware virtual guest) which has been running successfully for about 15 months, sporadically began to stop receiving incoming emails.

Looking through the logs, I wonder if the following information is relevant:
Oct 13 03:53:50 postfix/smtpd warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:10022: Connection timed out
Oct 13 03:53:50 postfix/smtpd warning: timeout on 127.0.0.1:10022 while reading input attribute name

I did notice that someone updated the VMware Host from v1.0.0 to v1.0.4 on Oct5.
I noticed the issues began on Oct8. It seems to work between 4 and 40 hours before it stops receiving emails again.

Is it coincidence or is there actually a compatibility issue between VMware 1.0.4 and Proxmox v1.5?

If it is a compatibility issue… Is v2.0 compatible with VMware v1.0.4?

Thank You!
BCT

Hi there.
On a v1.5 box (running as a VMware virtual guest) which has been running successfully for about 15 months, sporadically began to stop receiving incoming emails.

Looking through the logs, I wonder if the following information is relevant:
Oct 13 03:53:50 postfix/smtpd warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:10022: Connection timed out
Oct 13 03:53:50 postfix/smtpd warning: timeout on 127.0.0.1:10022 while reading input attribute name

I did notice that someone updated the VMware Host from v1.0.0 to v1.0.4 on Oct5.
I noticed the issues began on Oct8. It seems to work between 4 and 40 hours before it stops receiving emails again.

Is it coincidence or is there actually a compatibility issue between VMware 1.0.4 and Proxmox v1.5?

If it is a compatibility issue… Is v2.0 compatible with VMware v1.0.4?

Thank You!
BCT

Hi,
I recommend to update to 2.0, 1.5 is quite old and therefore never been testet with vmware 1.0.4.

Proxmox runs on all Vmware products, 2.0 is working on vmware server 1.0.4. There is also a vmware tools package for 2.0 available.
See http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257.

Please take a look into the deployment guide, chapter vmware for the right configuration (memory).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!