Using the network of another hypervisor

dattik

Jan 2, 2016
Hello !

I currently have a Macbook Pro (with VMWare Fusion), and a server (with Proxmox). My request could look very strange, but i would like to use the "same network" for my differents VMs.

I was wondering if it was possible, and if it's the case, how could i do that ?

I was thinking of a VPN solution, but is it enough ? is there any specificities ?

For example :

I want to use the following network for my VMs :
- Network adress : 192.168.0.0
- Subnet : 255.255.255.0

- I have a VM with a DC Windows 2012 Server on Proxmox (192.168.0.10)
- I have a VM with a Computer with Windows 7 on VMWare Fusion (192.168.0.20)

So, in that case, I want my VMs to communicate with each other (The computer must be able to ping the DC).

I am a BIG beginner, so please be tolerant :p

And sorry for bad english !

Cheers !

Set up a virtual router on each VM host, and route the networks together, or create a VPN tunnel between the networks to simulate a real world scenario of having a remote office talking back to your DC

Hey pirateghost, and thanx for your answer :)

I think I will test the VPN Solution ! I will be back here if I meet any problem.

Thx again :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!