using spam-bar instead of spam-stars

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: Installation and configuration' started by IEM, Sep 4, 2018.

1. IEM

IEM New Member

traditionally, our (pre-PMG) exim4-mailserver has used spamassassin's `$spam_bar` to indicate the spam-level with `+` signs, e.g.
    Code:
    X-Spam-Score: +++++++
    now PMG uses `__SPAM_STARS__` instead, which is similar in concept, but uses a different characters (`*` instead of `+`), e.g.
    Code:
    X-Spam-Score: ********

In order to not break any filte-rules of my users, I would like to report the score in my old format (with `+`).

How would I do that?

Can I tell PMG to report the spam-score with `+/-` characters, or do I have to do a header-rewrite on my mail-server's side?

2. DerDanilo

DerDanilo Member

Add a custom action object that modifies the header and or spam score.

You could also create a global sieve rule that overwrites all customer spam rules.

Search and replace (sed) might also do it.

3. IEM

IEM New Member

users can do whatever they want with the spam-bars (some move mails into a spam folder, some drop; at varying levels; others don't do anything) so the global rule isn't really an option.
    search-and-replace would only work if we can modified the *source* of the filter-string (which is mostly horde/ingo db, but not necessarily)

that sounds promising.
    how would i do that? (hopefully pointers to the documentation are enough :))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice