Use My SQL database to setup new OpenVZ and KVM VM's

fixnode

Jul 26, 2012
Hello,

I wanted to know if there is any documentation or if anyone here has any information on how to automatically create virtual machines from an SQL database? I'm looking into expanding my company to host VM's for general public, but I would an easy and fast way to create mass VM's as only me and one other person would be maintaining/creating them.

Any idea's?

Thanks,

Phillip K
Fixnode Computer Services

Can I integrate this API with PHP 5? I use PHP as a programming language and would love to create a script that integrate MySQL and Proxmox

If you need a billing system too, this might be a good fit: http://hostbillapp.com/features/apps/proxmox.html

If you want to automate things I use and recommend Chef from opscode.com, there is also puppet and salt stack.
The only item missing from Chef for Proxmox is a plug-in for creating VMs using the knife utility, I do not think it would be too hard to implement this using the Proxmox API.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!