Upgrading from Free to Pro License - Mail Stopped Working

S

switt

Maybe my mistake will help someone else...

I upgraded to the Pro license and suddenly I stopped getting incoming emails. All of my settings seemed to be unchanged until I finally noticed under "Configuration" > "Mail Proxy" that my "relayed domain" was missing from the text box - just an oversight on my part. Once I added my mail domain everything started working again.

Maybe my mistake will help someone else...

I upgraded to the Pro license and suddenly I stopped getting incoming emails. All of my settings seemed to be unchanged until I finally noticed under "Configuration" > "Mail Proxy" that my "relayed domain" was missing from the text box - just an oversight on my part. Once I added my mail domain everything started working again.

hi,

yes, thats normal behavior. in standard versions (incl. trial and free) the mail domains are coded into the license key. so if you upload such a license, the relayed domain list comes from the license key.

if you upload a MAC address coded license (PRO, EDU/GOC) you are replacing the existing key (and as a consequence the domain list).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!