Upgrade from 3.x to 4

dytech

Apr 9, 2012
Hi I have two identical proxmox machines that have been running for over two years at home here with the os installed on an ssd and /var/lib/vz mounted on a software raid array. I upgraded the less important machine following http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_3.x_to_4.0 which upgraded without issue. As the first machine was successful I went ahead an upgraded the second machine and now have an issue where the raid array will not load at boot. to test the array I can manually start the array and activate the LV and mount the filesystem. any help or ideas appreciated. thanks

I havnt found an answer to this problem yet, can anyone help with this issue im having . Thanks

Can you provide more details or screenshots. HW raid, SW Raid? ZFS? etc.

That may be why no one is answering :)

Thanks its a software raid 10 setup on 4 x 1TB drives, i initially setup the machines and installed debian setup the sw raid array, created a physical volume with the array , created a volume group and then the logical volume where /var/lib/vz mounts. Both machines are identical with same hardware etc, one upgraded ok the other wont mount the raid at boot. I can add the array manually and activate the LV and mount it to /var/lib/vz it just dosnt happen at boot after the upgrade to 4.2 on this machine. Commenting out the matching entry in /etc/fstab will allow the system to boot and I can log into the upgraded version of Proxmox. Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!