upgrade from 3.4 to 4 kernel not showing up as available for install

kkasberg

Oct 7, 2015
I am attempting to upgrade following the wiki, but when I attempt to install the new kernel, I get an error that it is not in the repositories. Anyone know what might be going on here that I am not seeing the the kernel in the repo?

Please see the attached txt file for details.

View attachment kernel not found error.txt

It seems that you do not have any Proxmox VE sources in your /etc/sources.list or /etc/sources.list.d/

Make sure all file names in /etc/sources.list.d/ end with ".list". If this does not help, add the right repository:

deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian jessie pve-no-subscription

This resolved my issue. Thanks so much! I was looking for a way to change this to solved, but I am not aware of how to do that for the thread.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!